Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Shopping our Stash #153 - Background Check!


I had SO MUCH FUN making my card for this week's Shopping our Stash! We want to see you use a background stamp OR stamp your own background. Since I don't often use background stamps I decided to go with the more challenging option.

Here's the card, then I'll explain what I did. 


Supplies: music background from Inkadinkado; Versamark; Black Detail embossing powder; Clear detail EP; Paper Smooches sentiment; vellum scrap; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Distress inks in Broken China, Worn Lipstick, and Squeezed Lemonade; Tattered Rose glimmer mist; homemade enamel dots

I began by stamping & embossing the music background, and then I sponged the various distress inks over top. I love how just three inks gave this great variety of colour!  Then I flicked it with some pale glimmer mist to get some shiny bits of water droplets. Adding the sentiment strip on an angle wasn't my original plan but just seemed to work so well I went with it - and that made a much better backdrop to add the enamel dots. Like I said, the kids are addicted to making & sorting those, so I have all these perfect little baggies on my desk just begging to be used :)

So, what kind of background check can you pass? lol! Come and play with us before next Monday, June 2! 
- and don't forget to check out what the rest of the gals made:

19 comments:

Andrea W said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the color of distress inks you used and your homemade enamel dots add the perfect finishing touch.

lauren bergold said...

oh, oh, OHHHHHHHH how i looooooove this missus! i think you're kinda somewhat enabling me into that stamp, actually! ;) brilliant job with inks and mists and OF COURSE it's those gorgeous enamel dots that make the whole thing... you should set those brilliant dudes up in business!!!! :) :) :)

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome You have mastered sponging perfectly, (mine looks like blobs) I love how you didn the sentement, it works for me. nice job,

Barbara Godden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE this background!!!! L O V E !!!! And the angled sentiment is genius!

Annette Allen said...

wow totally awesome background.. love the color combo.. FABULOUS CARD

Donna said...

That is an awesome background!! Love the colours and water splashes...and the sentiment on an angle totally works!

jimlynn said...

Fabulous!!!! WOW! I love all that distress inking and the colors are gorgeous together!
Lynn

Debbie said...

Wowsers! I love your background!!!
The sentiment looks great at the angle and I'm loving your dots! I need to remember to ask my kids where all our beads are!

Lindsey said...

That is one beautiful background! I need my own set of minions to make enamel dots. Hmm...

Greta said...

One of my favorite techniques & you've used it beautifully, Jessi! I love this card!

~Tammy~ said...

I am so laughing...I just ran across my first background stamp...circa...well we won't say...

This turned out so beautiful! I love your card!

walchowDesign said...

Awesome choice of colours - just love how the mix turned, Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, what a fabulous background, you have kept the colours so nice and bright!

Dana said...

Whoa this is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE love love love the background!! The colors are perfect and the vellum at an angle is perfect!!!

Peanut said...

Utterly stunning, my friend! The background is simply fabulous! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
hugs,Asha

Carol L said...

I just love this music background! The enamel dots and vellum sentiment panel have this card bursting with fabulous color!

Angela said...

Another of your gorgeous backgrounds...love it, plus those enamel dots! (Do you think you could send your kids over to make some for me?)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Can I borrow your kids so they can come and make me some enamel drops? I'll feed 'em! I'll even feed them people food and not cat food, because I'm feeling generous.

Great card. The greeting had to be an angle I think to counteract all those straight music stanza thingies (official musical term I'm sure).