Monday, July 14, 2014

Perfectly Pink

Oh, I had so much fun creating this card. So much texture, so much dimension! It's what I'm calling a keepsake card - 5.25" square, and I make a box for it to be delivered in. That way I don't have to worry about squishing it into an envelope & I can embellish to my heart's content.


Supplies: Prima floral spray & leaves; rose made with Martha Stewart paper clay kit; hand-dyed seam binding ribbon (Key Lime & Yellow Daisy glimmer mists); assorted bling from Dollarama; buttons from stash; Bazzill card stock


I shaped the floral spray, and placed it on the pink card stock to see where to place the leaves. I sewed the buttons on to attach the leaves, and then sewed the floral spray into place. I made the white rose using paper clay from Martha Stewart & a silicone mold. The rose was glued into place, and then I tied two bows using the hand-dyed seam binding, and sewed them into place so that I could "fluff" them the way I wanted. A bit of bling, and ta-da! 



This was my first time using glimmer mists to dye ribbon - I've used it to dip-dye paper flowers before, but it was sooooo easy to dye the ribbon! I just put a little of each colour into one of those small medicine cups (the kind that come with kids' liquid Tylenol, etc) and let the ribbon soak it all up. It gave the ribbon a grand shimmery look!

Thanks to Our Creative Corner for the inspiration to try a new method of dying ribbon - their July challenge is "Handmade Flowers & Hand Dyed Ribbon".

xoxo,
Jessi

20 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card, love your clay flower

walchowDesign said...

Could hardly hold my jaw in-place, Jessie! This is absolute pretty and fantastic with so many elements and love the rose and the dyed ribbon! The recipient will be delighted to receive this gorgeous card!

Julie S said...

What a beautiful card and so creative to make the clay flower.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Jessi! Love that clay rose!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. love all those flowers..

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is WOW! Love the clay rose you created and your arrangement of flowers is beautiful. Lovely, lovely card.
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Jessi, you are definitely going to be addicted to those glimmer mists now and you will be able to co-ordinate everything!

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a stunning card! Love the pretty flowers and the paper clay rose looks amazing! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Our Creative Corner!

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a stunning card! Love the pretty flowers and the paper clay rose looks amazing! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Our Creative Corner!

Chris Dring said...

Ok, my jaw is sitting in my lap, being so stunned by this beauty of a card! Jessi, your talent has no bounds! Wow!

Carol L said...

the word "magnificent" comes to mind when trying to describe this creation! It's absolutely stunning, and I love all the layering of buttons, flowers, and gems! Well done!!

Lindsey said...

Definitely a keepsake, Jessi -- absolutely beautiful.

Angela said...

This is gorgeous, Jessi! Suitable for framing!

Unknown said...

OMG--Love that clay flower, Jessi! This card is so pretty and feminine--a perfect keepsake for ever and ever and ever!! XOXO-Shari

Dana said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!!! This is so gorgeous, i love all the beautiful elements, flowers, leaves, bling, just beautiful!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Holy boly, so gorgeous! Everything about this is wonderful. woo!

Greta said...

Wowzer! Keepsake card is right! Beautiful work, Jessi!

Leslie Hanna said...

Wowzers. Keepsake, indeed! At first I thought that was a rolled felt flower, but it's CLAY? Whoa. And all that sewing! Just gorgeous!

Karin said...

Beautiful creation, your clay flower looks great, wow!
Groetjes Karin (OCC)

Laurart said...

So beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner! x