Monday, July 28, 2014

Taking a Header

I am no stranger to the OTHER meaning of taking a header - it's been a couple of weeks, BUT in the last month I've fallen flat on my face 3 times. Once courtesy of a dashing dog, and the other two from plain old lack of attention to surroundings. At Christmas I fell twice as well, two weeks apart, right onto my knees. One of those times was slipping on unexpected water in the basement, and I broke a toe. I'm honestly amazed that that is the worst damage! I must have bouncy bones.

BUT I digress. I have a card for the current Jingle Belles challenge to be inspired by their blog header, and it's Christmas - so perfect for little red wagon's Christmas in July challenge.


Supplies: papers from Cosmo Cricket; Wilton doily; Flourishes sentiment;Versamark & Moonstone EP; classic small circle Nesties; silver paint pen & pearl strips from Dollarama

jingle belles

I was inspired by the 'vintage purple' colour, the silver sparkly letters, pearls, and the doily/lace elements. Now to hope the humidity dies down a bit so that the pearls stay stuck for good - we've had humidity over 80% for weeks, and over 95% at times, but hardly any rain. Makes for icky sticky days - but not for sticky stuff. Just for things you DON'T want to be sticky. I'm possibly looking forward to autumn. *koff* don't yell at me!

xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Jessi! I hope you're staying on your feet these days (or on your crafty chair!) *wink* This card is a wonderful example of the blog header IMO! LOVE that dp! :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Vintage purple is the perfect name for that color. That's what I noticed about your card; that you got the vintage purple color just right for your card.

Annette Allen said...

so pretty and I love the added pearls..

Lindsey said...

Lookit how you had the perfect papers to echo the Jingle Belles blog header! This is so very pretty.
I'd like a little summer before we move on towards fall, thank you very much...

Carol L said...

YOur card is a wonderful take on that beautiful header! Your papers, pearls and elegant design are simply stunning! Heads up now, and watch your step!!

Andrea W said...

I'm glad you're okay! At least your falls haven't affected your creativity! Your card is lovely!

~amy~ said...

You poor woman!!!!

Whatta pretty card...love seeing that Cosmo cricket!

SmilynStef said...

I'm pretty much an accident waiting to happen as well, so I empathize with your tumbles ... that Cosmo Cricket paper is perfect ... and I love your ring-of-pearls ... so very glad you *took a header* (a safe one with no injuries) with us at Jingle Belles.

JanR said...

Great card! I love purple for Christmas. Hope those pearls stay stuck 'cause they look fab. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Greta said...

Oh how lovely, Jessi! Beautiful choices for a Christmas card & I'm with you--ready for Fall! Take care--your bones might not be so "bouncy" next time--LOL!

lauren bergold said...

ack! no more "taking a header" in the falling down sense, missus! tho clearly such occasions have NOT hurt your mojo any! this is BEYOND gorgeous and a fab addition to our JINGLE BELLES gallery! <3

Lorraine said...

Your background paper is spot on. Love all the pearls and lace.

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the colors and the off center is the sentiment circle and the doily!! And the pearls!! Sorry to here its so humid! It been a surprising cool summer (so far), if it's gets hot/humid I'll be with you, ready for winter!!

Peanut said...

I've been thinking about doing this challenge... but nothing good came out of my several attempt. But you... wow! You nailed it, Jessi. Speaking about the weather... our summer has been terrible s far. We've only had a handful of days at 30ºC. Yesterday's max was 24º and today ... a scorching 25º. As for humidity... it's bone dry! They don't do summer like they used to... when 35ºC was the norm .... aah, them good ol' days.....
hugs, Asha

jimlynn said...

Hey bouncy bones!!!! LOVE your card! More pearls and more beauty.
Sorry about all the falls......um....you hadn't been sipping the wine had you! LOL!
Lynn

Barbara Godden said...

Absolutely Awesome.