Monday, September 8, 2014

The year's first Halloween card!

I managed to hold off until September to start making Halloween cards - but the paper pad has been on my desk waiting for a few weeks now. I don't think this image is specifically Halloween, but the cats just really wanted it to be spooky, and as Maggie Mittens will tell you, I'm a sucker for doing what the cats want.

"What do you mean I don't fit? I sits, therefore I must fits."


The current Sweet Pea Stampers challenge is to use lots of layers, so I also went paper-crazy with three patterns plus an inky doily:


Supplies: digi stamp from ching chou kuik, Sweet Pea Stamps; Spectrum Noir markers; Sharpie white paint pen; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Doodlebug papers; doily inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink; classic small circle Nesties; glitter buttons & black rhinestones from the dollar store. 


The smidge of glitter pen on the cats' eyes (and goth girl's) makes them appear to glow - love it when it works the way I want it to! 

xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

Andrea W said...

Maggie Mittens is just adorable! The drawer is the perfect cat nap spot.

Your layered card is full of terrific details. I love the colors and image.

Dotty Jo said...

Miss Maggie M. is adorable! Great card, Jo x

jimlynn said...

Cute image and a great card! Love those little kitties on this.
Maggie Mittens is a cutie too!
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

yay for Halloween cards.. that image is awesome.. love it

Carol L said...

What a spooky ghoul card! I just love all those haunting eyes! Great Halloween card, and a great pic of your sweet kitty too :)

Lindsey said...

You definitely made this image into Halloween perfection! (I think I need to come to your house for a cat fix...)

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card

Blossom Cards said...

fab image thanks for sharring with sweet pea stampers this week Rachel dtt

Jenée said...

HA, you need to have one of my new kittens -- solid black, perfect for Halloween (smile). Miss Maggie looks quite content in that drawer. Great card; coloured purrrfectly!

Greta said...

Oh wow--such a fun Halloween card!

lostinpaper said...

We all do whatever it is that our cats tell us to do, that's our lot in life I suppose lol. Your image is gorgeous, love those eyes!