Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Shopping our Stash #174 - Halloween!


One of the best things about being on the Shopping our Stash design team is the constant inspiration to look 'outside the box' for craft supplies. Last week my husband came home with onions in a black mesh bag (instead of the usual orange) and I thought OH! I need that! It's perfect for the loads of Halloween cards I'm making at the moment - and not coincidentally, our challenge is all about Halloween this week! 


Supplies: Zombified digi from The Stamping Chef; Spectrum Noir markers; PTI sentiment; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; papers from MME; black rhinestones from Dollarama; onion bag

Once again Connor helped me out with colour choices. I'd coloured her skin grey and eyes & lips red (creepy as heck!) and he suggested purple for her outfit and aqua for her hair. I love the wonky layout that came together. The netting was hard to secure - it's wrapped around each corner and taped down, but the edges continued  to shed a little. Probably a dab of glue on the cut ends would solve that problem for next time.


Ready to create something spooky?  Join us before next Monday,October 27th!



I'm also going to pop this in as my third entry for The Stamping Chef #51.

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love the netting accent.

Becca Cruger said...

What an amazing idea! I love that you look in unexpected places for product. Really cool card.

jimlynn said...

CUTE idea and one I would have never thought of with the onion bag. Guess I'll have to start saving those now!
Love the card too Jessi. The colors for the outfit and hair are just right!
Lynn

lauren bergold said...

loooooooooooooove this, missus! that connor is one fabulous design consultant... does he freelance??!?!? ♥

Donna said...

I agree with Lauren, Connor needs to start a crafty consulting business! His ideas are always awesome!
I love that the onion bags shred, makes it more Halloweeny!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I adore veggies that come in mesh bags. Our Brussels sprouts come in purple, but you totally scored with that black. And yes, mesh is a fighter and will not behave on a card. go figure.

Annette Allen said...

spooky cute card.. love what you did with the spider web..

lostinpaper said...

Awesome, LOVE the blue hair and the fun punny sentiment!

Carol L said...

This is totally COOL! I love the colors and how that mesh bag coordinates with her fishnet stockings! Those little garlic mesh bags make great stamping stencils too *wink*

fairyrocks said...

What fun!! You know I will be looking for the black sacks now LOL Well done, Keep smiling and creating

Amelia Lamb said...

I lvoe it when you find items like that you can re-purpose, and this mesh is perfect! SUper fun Halloween card.

Thanks for playing along with The Stamping Chef this week xx

http://thestampingchef.com/Challenges/

Dana said...

Not that's how you re-purpose!!! And that is one creepy image (in a good way, haha!!)

Lindsey said...

Your zombie is awesome, as is that happy skull paper! Have you trained the husb to check with you before throwing ANYTHING out, in case it can be made into a card?

Chris Dring said...

Get Out! An onion bag?! That's just brilliant! Super cool card, Jessi. And WTG Connor for helping choose the colors!