Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - V is for...


Vellum! You know, vellum and snark don't seem to go hand in hand, but the Snarky Sisters really pulled it out this time around. Myself, once I saw our guest designer Jane's card I knew I had to bring it! I actually made two, and wasn't sure about the first one so I kept going.



Supplies: Lil Inkers Between the Lines stamp; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; scraps of everything; clear glitter glue

My sisters assured me the fire was suggestive enough of hell, lol :) And also teased me that after the last few weeks this next card I should give to myself:



Supplies: AC letter stickers; Paper Smooches thumbs up stamp; 1 1/8" circle punch; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir markers; Tim Holtz design ruler & embroidery thread

I did a classic Jessi face-first fall on Mother's Day morning, all my weight on my right knee. That pales in comparison with last weekend, though. Pulling apart the old treehouse, I half stepped, half stumbled backwards onto a board with nails sticking out. Three went through my shoe, two into my foot. The funny thing is, I had to pull my foot off, then my shoe....and then I just went back to working, realizing a couple minutes later my shoe was full of blood. Gotta love the body and those first few minutes it gives you to clue in!

So although I'm always rather clumsy, it's only rare that I have to go to the emergency room for it - but a tetanus shot and antibiotics (and foot soaks), and ohhhh be careful and keep an eye on it because diabetes & feet...it's been a long week. People still expect to eat, off clean dishes even, and have clean clothes to wear. Pffft. 

Anyway, that aside - you need to go get out your vellum and make a card! It doesn't have to be snarky :)


You've got until Friday, June 12 to join in

And don't forget to stop by and leave our guest designer JANE some love for her project! (Don't be drinking coffee when you go....just sayin'!)

xoxo,
Jessi



9 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are hilarious Jessi, do be careful though... I don't want you to fall again, or get an infection in your foot, or tetanus, or... anything lol. Hugs your way hon!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Very funny. Way to do the snarky vellum thing.

Donna said...

Fire...devil's tongue luring you into hell...it's all good!
I adore both of these, way to bring the snark and rock the challenge sistah!

Andrea W said...

Cool cards! You're so creative and I love that you use your sense of humor on your cards.

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME cards!!

SiskiyouSue said...

Ouch! Bet the foot is hurting now, I'm sorry. Love your snarky card! The fire is great.

Chris Dring said...

Yep, the first card screams fire and brimstone, and your second one you definitely should frame and hang at eye level on the wall above your craft desk. :) Way to bring the snark with the vellum! Hoping your foot is feeling better!

Lindsey said...

Snark and vellum. We have proven it can be done. :)
Be careful out there, okay?

Claire Grantham said...

Hilarious, I love these sentiments. I used one on my card too..Cx