Sunday, June 7, 2015

Father's Day!

Father's Day is just two weeks away, so I've been crazy busy making the Dreaded Man Cards. Trees seem to be my go-to this year, and there's one to follow, but I also saw a great mug Amy shared with the Coffee Lovers FB group and that saying just had to go on a card! Both cards are for The Kraft Journal's Father's Day challenge, and this first one is also for little red wagon's Use it Up - first time this embossing folder has seen paper!



Supplies: light kraft & chocolate cardstock; Walnut Stain distress ink; embossing folder from Crafts Too; unknown alphabet stamps


Supplies: light kraft and chocolate cardstock; all stamps from PTI; Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs

Loving the kraft, green, and brown combo on my dad cards this year! 

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Both are fabulous! I love the sentiment on that first card - and it's so very true. Guys love that sawdust for sure.
Lynn

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Both cards are awesome especially like the sentiment on the first card .

Andrea W said...

LOVE the sentiment on the first card. My dad is a carpenter and was always working in his shop when I was younger. The smell of sawdust reminds me of him. Terrific manly cards!

Heather said...

I love the sentiment and the embossing folder on the first card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Barbara Godden said...

I know what you mean about "man cards" they are dreaded by me too, you made them awesome.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Great card! And cool sentiment - love it!!! Have a nice new week! Uli

Lindsey said...

Great colour combo for Father's Day for sure! Love the first card — and what a perfect embossing folder! The second card is so very classy.

Dana said...

Awesome cards!! Love the different feels of these, one funny and one serious!! Both are fabulous!!

Carol L said...

man glitter? Now that's a good one! Fun masculine card - great sentiment!

lostinpaper said...

hahaha, what a great sentiment and a fabulous man card!