Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday Morning Sketches #316 - SLS Lines!

I'll be the first to admit that this week's Tuesday Morning Sketch threw me for a loop - until I decided to alter it to fit an A2 card. Then it finally came together! Engineering is not one of my skills :) We have the super fun & quirky SLS Lines as our sponsor again this week - check out the etsy store for fabulous stuff!



Supplies: papers from AC; Tumbled Glass distress ink; unknown feather dies; button from stash; classic small oval & circle Nesties




I die-cut the feathers from one of the pieces of dip-dyed paper I made last week - I used glimmer mist instead of water, and I love the subtle sparkle!

Even if you're intimidated by the easel card, you can still play this week (c'mon, I did it!)



This challenge will be open until next Sunday, September 6 - hop on over & see what the rest of the team has made! 


xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So pretty! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely round easel card, been a long time since I've made one. And a wonderful idea for the feathers die I haven't used yet. look for a "case" in the future.

Becca Cruger said...

I seeee what you did there! haha - I'm not a fancy folder, so I love your interpretation of the sketch. Super cute card!

Dana said...

Wow!! Awesome take on the sketch! I love it!! The features are lovely too!!

Lindsey said...

Brilliant idea to interpret the 3D sketch as 2D! I made an easel card once... and once might be enough. Your dip-dyed feathers, and everything about this card, are beautiful.

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the soft colours.

Debbie said...

So pretty, Jessi!! I love the dyed feathers!

Melissa Craig said...

I love how you adapted the sketch to an A2 card. Those feathers are awesome!