Friday, April 26, 2013

Playing in Paradise #114 - Springtime Joy

Grab a coffee - this one's gonna get a little long!
This week at Playing in Paradise Linda is our hostess, and she wants us to create a project to celebrate Springtime Joy:
PPC #114
Since my tulips are about 6" out of the ground now, I can actually sort of believe that spring is on the way. I'm not putting away the snow gear yet, though! 

Supplies: paper from Little Yellow Bicycle; sentiment stamp from Gina K. Designs; Picked Raspberry distress ink; brads from stash - the butterflies & flowers are Making Memories.


Want to use a really pretty piece of designer paper that does it all for you? Jazz it up a little by adding some embellishments! I also cut the paper down to a smidge smaller than my card base, and used foam tape to adhere it for dimension. Flat & light enough for a single stamp!

The Playing in Paradise challenge is undergoing some changes - including its team. This challenge will be open for 2 weeks - until May 10th. To add your NEW project to the linky & see what the rest of  the team has created, click on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog, and check out the DT on their blogs too:


This is my last post as a team member at Scrapbooker's Paradise, and it's bittersweet. All good things must come to an end, yada yada yada. The Paradise blog will always have a special place in my heart - the first time I was a guest designer (I thought I was going to burst of excitement!); my first design team position; my first little forays into tutorials (as limited as they are!). I will definitely be sticking around & coming to play in the new challenges when they begin. 

I thought I'd share a couple of my favourite posts with you - because hahaha, it's my blog, and I can do what I want! 





Well, if nothing else, I can tell that my photo editing skills have improved marginally. Thanks for having me, and I will definitely keep seeing you talented ladies around in blogland!
xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love today's card...great use of that pretty paper! I love your line up of cards...AWESOME.

fairyrocks said...

You know I miss you already. Thanks so much for your weekly dedication to this team. Keep smiling and creating. I will be checking up on you.

jimlynn said...

Jessi, this is the cutest and happiest little tree I've ever seen!!! So fun and pretty at the same time. WOW!
You'll have to post a pic of those tulips when they bloom - know they'll be gorgeous!
Lynn

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous bright tree Jessi, looks spring like and happy, hope your tulips bloom soon!

Annette Allen said...

oh i love the tree of flowers.. lovely Mother's day card..

Happy Friday..

Linda Pekrul said...

I LOVE that sweet happy spring tree! Will miss you at PPC, but will definitely be following by blog. LOVE your cards!!!

Dawn said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love that spring time tree with all the pretty flowers, colour and little embellishments. It has been such a pleasure being on the team with you & I hope you will come play often in the new challenges. Of course, I'll be dropping in on you regularly regardless :)

Hugs, Dawn

Chris Dring said...

A really sweet card Jessi! It's tough to move on, but you have lots of blogging buddies for sure!

Lindsey said...

This paper is perfect to express some spring joy! And a perfect Mother's Day card, as well. Sorry to hear that you're leaving the design team.

Emily Keaton said...

I've loved seeing all of your fantastic creations for PIP, Jessi! This is another lovely one--and what a fun trip down Memory Lane! I remember most (if not all!) of those projects!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This tree is super gorgeous and really makes me happy just by looking at it! Love the details you added! Great card! Fun to see your previous posts as well! Thanks for the lovely reading tips, didn't know the books you mentioned yet, but they sound great, so I will definitely try them!! Happy day to you!
Hugs, Wendy

Lisa Arana said...

Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I just want to tip toe thru the tulips and this card. :) Darling.

~Tammy~ said...

Oh man that stinks that you're not designing there anymore! I loved seeing your work at SBP.

This is a lovely lovely card to end with and your other cards are totally fabulous! :-)))

Notes by Nina said...

What a lovely card Jessi, the fun bright colours are perfect for spring. I love the list of card firsts, it was great being on the team with you :).

Jen W. said...

Love those papers that make life easy. Almost feels like cheating... :) The brads are the perfect accent for that tree! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

lostinpaper said...

One word.... pinned!

Angela said...

Oh my, this card is amazing! I love all those tiny flowers...so pretty!

Unknown said...

beautiful! i love the happy, summery colors :)